Sound Card

AlexPB 12:38 25 May 07

Hi there,

I have recently removed a sound card out of my old PC and fitted it into my new one. Now when i switch the PC on it recognises that the soundcard is there and starts the add new hardware wizard, but as i have taken it from my old PC i do not have the drivers for it or a CD ROM. Can anybody tell me if i can download drivers for the sound card or if i just need to buy a new soundcard.

Thanks

Gongoozler 12:45 25 May 07

You can almost certainly download the drivers for the card if you can find out what it is. You can try putting the card back into your old PC, and see if Device Manager can tell you what it is. Alternatively if you look at the largest chips on the card, you can often identify what drivers to look for by searching for the chip part number. Post the make and number here and I'll see if I can help you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…