Sound Card

AlexPB 16:30 17 May 07

Hi there,

I have a problem with my sound, well i havent got any! I have tried everything i can think of and everything that has been suggested and it still says in Siounds and Audio Devices " No audio Device". So im looking to buy a new Sound Card to do it, If i buy an external Sound Card will this make the same difference that an internal card would make or would i need to get an interlan card to make the sound work.

So basically can u replace the Internal Sound card with an external Sound Card or do you have to have an internal one.

Thanks

Technotiger 16:34 17 May 07

Hi, have you checked in the BIOS that your sound is enabled?

AlexPB 16:39 17 May 07

yes i have checked the BIOS, ive checked everything from BIOS to Controll Panel to Installing new Drivers for the Motherboard.

Technotiger 16:51 17 May 07

OK, well I would suggest then that you get yourself a soundcard, a internal PCI one would suffice, unless you want more cables all over the place. I recommend the Creative Soundblaster Audigy2, a great card not too expensive, easy to fit.

RobbyMac 17:55 17 May 07

Hi, onboard sound cards often need to run an uninstall program before the install is successful!
Have a look in your mobo disk under the sound card drivers for an unstall program. The name usually gives it away something like unistall.exe.
Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac