Sound Card

johnexpgn 11:51 01 Feb 06

I have a nvidia R nforce TM Audio sound card in my computer. When I click on the associated software (Soundstorm) I just get a message saying:

'FX manager error
Incorrect size during FX MANAGER_ALLOCATE'

Anyone any idea what this means and how I can get the software to work?

Diodorus Siculus 11:52 01 Feb 06

Have y ou tried to remove the software and reinstall it?

johnexpgn 13:57 01 Feb 06

Thank you for that!
Have just uninstalled old software and installed new package from nvidia and all seems to be well at the moment.

johnexpgn 17:05 01 Feb 06

Further to the above:
I installed the driver package 'nForceWin2KXP' and when I boot up I get a message saying 'Windows System32 can't find file: windows\system32\nvide2.nvu
I have done a search for that file but cannot find it so I assume it was with some of the earlier drivers when they were uninstalled. Does it matter? And how do I get rid of the pop up message?
I have found a file nvide.nvu in the new driver package file.
The sound card seems to function ok with Adobe Audition but I have not tested every function.

Diodorus Siculus 17:44 01 Feb 06

Try a registry cleaner in the first instance; click here for CCleaner which has one built in - it will clean the registry as well as the other temp files.

johnexpgn 19:06 09 Feb 06

I have just tried the CCleaner which unfortunately did not solve the problem. It did clean out a load of rubbish though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…