sound card 2.1

handy4x 20:39 28 Sep 06

i am about to replace my motherboard and the one i have got has no sound as this pc ahs only got room for 2 satalite and a bace [2.1]wil this work with a creative sound card [audigy]

woodchip 22:51 28 Sep 06

I would think so, When you load the Software is see's how many speakers you have and just sets up for those

Stuartli 00:10 29 Sep 06

If the motherboard you have has no sound, as you claim, how can you use/"only got room" for a 2.1 speaker system on it?

Stuartli 00:13 29 Sep 06

Trying to fathom out what you mean, I'm assuming now that you only have room for a 2.1 system.

You can set up any sound card capable of up to 7.1 to deliver exactly what you require i.e. 2.1.

It's done either from the sound card's software or Windows (Sounds and Audio Devices which you will find in Control Panel).

woodchip 12:21 29 Sep 06

Note the last word of is post. I would be thinking same as you if it was not for the word

creative sound card [audigy So he must be thinking of fitting a PCI card

Stuartli 12:36 29 Sep 06

Yes, I did eventually work it out, which is why I wrote:

"You can set up any sound card capable of up to 7.1 to deliver exactly what you require i.e. 2.1."

handy4x 18:38 29 Sep 06

thanks all
i only have room in the room for two speakers
as you guesed the pc is not yet built but as you say you can set up for any speaker set up i wil go for that and post solved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…