Sound Card

Digit 14:39 12 Aug 05

Hi My Internet pages keep jumping on to my taskbar about every half hour or so anyone any ideas on this.

Just ordered some speakers for better reproduction, as my sound is on board I ordered 2.1 speakers.(hope this was right)
I don’t want to go into the PC and break the warranty and update with a card.
I never thought till now about getting an external card could someone give me some advice on this.
I have emailed my PC supplier but unable to get a reply.
Found this below which is in the main board hand book if of any good.

On Board Sound (optional)
Integrated AC97controller with standard AC97 Codec
Direct Sound and Sound Blaster Compatible
Full-Duplex16-Bit record and playback
PnP and APM 1.2 Support
Line in Line Out Mic-in
SupportsALC650/ALC655AC97 codes for six sound channel output (OPTIONAL).

Running XP

Stuartli 15:14 12 Aug 05

There doesn't seem to be any reason why installing an internal sound card in your system should invalidate the warranty - such upgrades are very common.

If you do decide to get an internal (or external) sound card, you will have to Disable onboard sound in the Bios.

However, today's onboard sound chipsets are normally capable of surprisingly good quality reproduction and some actually form the basis of some internal sound cards; an example is the well regarded Hercules Fortissimo 7.1.

I used the C-Media 8738 onboard sound chipset in my system for four years (excellent clean, transparent sound including 3D effects etc) with my IBM 2.1 speakers before being given a Creative SoundBlaster Live! sound card.

The difference was not all that obvious, the Creative providing a bit more "body" than the C-Media chipset. Yet the 8738 chipset (which has been followed by even better designs) could be bought housed in internal sound cards priced from around £6 upwards...:-)

The Realtek onboard sound chipsets are supposed to be even better than the C-Media examples.

Stuartli 15:17 12 Aug 05

Re your Internet pages "jumping" on to your Taskbar - this could be because you have opened up/clicked on another page or switched and one or more pages has minimised as a result.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…