//some 3rd party need geo

Sound breakup on computer restart

alphi2 22:49 20 May 04

I have just upgraded from soundblaster live value to soundblaster live 5.1 digital. When the computer starts up or reboots the sound has breaks in it.Would the team have any idea what would cause this?

Giggle n' Bits 00:17 21 May 04

Driver updates and check there troubleshooting.
There has been a known probelm with some of the older Live but not the newer Live range. But no doubt Creative will have either a patch or a fix, support about the problem.

Giggle n' Bits 00:22 21 May 04

Apparently XP has some driver issues.

click here

click here(16104),Kb=Creative

click here(11265),Kb=Creative

Dan the Confused 00:24 21 May 04

I think that card has problems with the VIA chipset as well.

Giggle n' Bits 00:24 21 May 04

same idea as MS Kb html issue.

hugh-265156 00:45 21 May 04

i have a live 5.1 card and have no problems with it but a lot of people do judging by the amount of complaints in the creative forums.

have a look click here for some general troubleshooting help.

the bios info i would personally leave until last and instead make sure,as the help advises that your sound card is moved as far away from the graphics card agp slot as possible as the fans on them can be cause distortion and crackling if the sound card is too close to it.

also make sure your motherboard chip set drivers and windows version is all up to date too.get the latest soundblaster driver click here or click here if its windows xp you have.

PS.if your using speakers powered by your power supply as a lot of systems are then this may also be the cause of the problems.get some active speakers may help or get a more powerfull power supply.

move any power supplies/transformers well away from speakers.

my SB 5.1 is through a 5.1 home cinema amp and the sound quality,unless you are a total audiophile or musician is excellent.

Giggle n' Bits 01:24 21 May 04

PCI Slot near an AGP card also try a different PCI slot.

Giggle n' Bits 01:28 21 May 04

also if an audo lead is running from the Drives to the Card, make sure secondary Master is to card on audio master and secondary slave to Aux.

if your M/board had integrted audio make sure there are no drivers still lurking.

Going bed now, but may call in tomorrow.

Giggle n' Bits 01:31 21 May 04

will sleep on it.
Have you disabled anything in the BIOS relating to Audio or Midi ?

Back Friday later.

alphi2 22:45 23 May 04

to all the helpers. ive down loaded the fix from creative also moved the card and uninstalled and reinstalled the softwear. i dont use an audio lead seems to work without it. by the way my system is a p3 500mhz windows me with all the up dates. also blew all the dust out of the power supply and cleaned the fans etc, seems to be a slight improvement but still breaks up. thanks for the advise

alphi2 22:47 23 May 04

no havent disabled anything in the bios

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…