//some 3rd party need geo

sound blaster problem on a systemax

trisers 01:57 10 Jun 03

since installing a creative sb4.1 digital on a new systemax pc with XP os, the modem continuously refuses to work or remains "in use by another program" despite reinstallation and even substitution with my old connexant. I also get scripting error messages in IE when it does work, The Creative software refuses to be uninstalled after removal of the card and I have had messages that windows has overcome a serious problem on startup! Where on earth do I start??? Any suggestions welcome lol!

Dr. Charles 02:36 10 Jun 03

I would check this sound card in another computer if you can. It sounds as if it is faulty. Otherwise Mmmm!! As you say where do you start?

Regards,

Charles

trisers 02:15 11 Jun 03

Having spoken to systemax tech i have formatted and reinstalled xp...all seems well except there appears to be no output from the black socket on the soundblaster card. The configuration is set to automatic for this output(analogue or digital) but no response from this output with either headphones or powered speakers. Perhaps the card is faulty after all?

trisers 20:15 11 Jun 03

after restarting today it's back to the same old problems ugh! I have now completely removed the soundcard, it's software refused to budge at first but eventually was removed after removing the modem. reinstallation of the modem seems successful (so far!) but IE has already reported a scripting error just now. So far Creative have been as successful as a chocolate fire-guard. I'll keep you posted!

PSF 20:40 11 Jun 03

As you have just installed a soundcard did you disable the onboard sound in the Bios?

trisers 23:33 14 Jun 03

i've now formatted and reinstalled XP a second time! Thankyou PSF, I disabled the onboard sound although the MSI bios was previously configured to autodetect and reinstalled the sound card. so far all seems well except the black(line out) socket produces no analogue or digital signal. creative suggested installing it in another pc to test it but I'm afraid of causing the same problems elsewhere. Time will tell if it's causing all the other problems (sound of fingers being crossed lol!)

trisers 00:38 03 Jul 03

So it seems the motherboard was faulty...systemax replaced it and all seems well!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…