Sound Blaster Live 5.1 +Windows Vista

son-of-a-gun 19:20 24 Jul 10

Hello Folks :)

I would be very gratefully if someone could help me please

I have a Sound Blaster Live 5.1 yes I know it's knocking on in years a bit, but I love the thing to bits and have no wish to spend hard earned on a new one, however about 12 months ago I purchased Windows Vista :( for some reason or another the SB Live 5.1 isn't recognised at all,I've been on the Creative site and find is as confusing as h*ll

Does anyone know where an updated Vista driver can be obtained please. :)

Shuffty 20:06 24 Jul 10

you could try here
click here

son-of-a-gun 00:26 25 Jul 10

Thanks very much shuffty, it's 00:21 now, I'll give that a try come morning side :)

I've had Vista for 12 months now, although in total it's only been on the PC about a day point 5.

I can see it being a long day tomorrow lol

Big L 266 10:19 25 Jul 10

Hello.

I remember my Creative products with great affection but my one wouldn't work in my new computer.

Their website isn't easy to fathom out as I recall when I was looking for things. I have found the following link regarding drivers for SB Live 5.1 which I post below.

click here

Please take a look at the link and read everything very carefully! I do hope this will lead you to the correct driver.If not Shufftys' link will do the trick.

All the best.

Big L 266

son-of-a-gun 10:27 25 Jul 10

Thanks Big L 266 I'm up and running now, but have'nt started on the sound card yet, that will be my next job, when all of Vista's updates are done OMG there is a lot of them :D

Big L 266 10:47 25 Jul 10

Hello.

Thankfully the Vista updates are self-loading and they'll keep your computer in good working order.I respectfully suggest you allow your computer to download such updates automatically as of today to ensure continued good computer health. A years-worth of them will take a long time to download but it'll be worth it.

All the best.

Big L 266

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017