Sound backplates/headers - Where to get them?

Bandy 23:27 18 Feb 03

I need to obtain a backplate/header for a friends motherboard. I haven't got it yet but believe that it's one of the older TXPro style boards where there are a set of pins to which a header holding the sound jacks can be attached. The board has on board sound - I'm told Cmedia 8330.

I've searched, so far unsuccessfully, for these and therefore wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Rtus 23:42 18 Feb 03

I cant promise anything but may have one .however need to know the header or mobo Id as theres several headers for Txpro boards ..Email me via yell env..Ill look in the morning for bits..

Bandy 00:25 19 Feb 03

Rtus

Thank you for your offer and I have sent you an email.

If anyone knows where to buy these I would be interested for future information.

Bandy 22:42 19 Feb 03

Rtus

Thank you for the email and for the physical help you have provided. The backplate will mean that another young person with learning diffculties will have her own computer to help with her education.

It is excellent that we have a site such as this where we are able to help each other assist ourselves, and those who do not have our advantages.

From other posts on this site I have noticed that quite a considerable number of correspondents use at least part of their free time upgrading old computers for the use of others. It is nice to be in such company. Thank you.

Rtus 23:06 19 Feb 03

Only too pleased to help .and yes I agree the Forum has many people who donate services /goods and time to help anyone we can and PCA & staff should be proud they started it all..With this excelent web site..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…