Sound

fredie 20:36 06 Jul 07

I am running xp and I have lost all sound on my laptop. All that is present on the volume control the only mixer device is Bluetooth Audio. Any ideas how I can get my sound back. Thank you.

Charlie Babbage 21:14 06 Jul 07

Go to Start > Help and Support. When the Help screen appears, type 'System restore' in the search box. Choose to restore system to an earlier date. From the calendar choose a date when you know (or hope!) the sound was ok. The computer automatically restarts with the settings in force at the earlier chosen date.

If this does not work, in the Help search box type 'Troubleshoot sound' and go through all the questions - hopefully this will help cure the problem.

Good luck!

Stuartli 00:19 07 Jul 07

Have you checked from Control Panel>Sound and Audio Devices>General tab that Mute has not been Enabled and from the Audio tab that your sound device is the Default?

Don't forget too that Windows Media Player and similar have Mute facilities that may still be Enabled.

If this doesn't cure the problem, entering No Sound in the Search box at the top of this page will bring up a large choice of threads on the subject...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5