SOUND!!!

KERRO01 10:07 24 Apr 06

hi guys. am not to good about pc,s. but i have a problem with my sound, the thing is, is that i have a set of logitech z5500 and i think my sound card is built in. when i play music through my pc i get some weard distortion. can anyone help me out please as i love my music, why do you think i have a set of z5500. lol. thanx in advance..........

ACOLYTE 10:09 24 Apr 06

Can you Define wierd distortion?

Have you tried using other speakers,just to rule the others out?

KERRO01 10:14 24 Apr 06

as i said i am not to good with pc,s but its like the speakers are not putting out at there full. and it distorts the louder i put it. should i buy a new sound card you think??

ACOLYTE 10:21 24 Apr 06

Have you tried reinstalling the sound card drivers or updating them,it may be you have some sort of sound effect's that are enabled on you pc

KERRO01 10:28 24 Apr 06

yes i was thinking about the sound affect think but i was up almost all last night trying to get it to go away. i really felt like crying at some points..lol. sorry to be a pain but how do i update or reinstall the drivers??

ACOLYTE 10:32 24 Apr 06

Does your sound card driver put any icon's in the task bar?
If not can you access the setup for the driver in start programs.
There may also be an entry in control panel,open up control panel and click the "other control panel options" part there may be an icon for your sound card in there,depending what sound driver/card you have.

KERRO01 10:33 24 Apr 06

yes i do have an icon in my task bar. it is a realtek sound card.

ACOLYTE 10:40 24 Apr 06

Have you opend this up and checked the settings in there?,i think there is a page with different options for sound effects in the realtek panel,but i havent used this in a while as i updated mine with the nvidea drivers.

KERRO01 10:43 24 Apr 06

yes i have done all that and set it all to default but it still does not help. can i update my drivers to nvidea ones?

ACOLYTE 10:55 24 Apr 06

Only if you have an Nforce motherboard that is compatable,can u post your system specs?

KERRO01 12:07 24 Apr 06

intel 2.8
200gig hdd
512 ram

is that ok?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…