SOS guys

the kopite 10:29 22 Apr 04

I have just fitted a asrock k7s8x ver 3.1 in my mates computer and it started as soon as I switched the main power on then it will not shut down by the reset switch I have to use the psu switch I am not familiar with these boards come to that I am not familiar with any board but I realy need your help on this one guys thanks

Gongoozler 10:39 22 Apr 04

Hi kopite. Try resetting the BIOS. First try using the reset link. If that doesn't work, remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes. What can also be confusing is that the BIOS default is often set for the power switch to be held in for 4 seconds to switch off.

recap 10:54 22 Apr 04

Check the connections for the power on the motherboard. Look through the manual to see which small pin on the connection needs to be which slot.

keith-236785 10:56 22 Apr 04

if you have no luck with Gongoozler's ideas.

it might be that you have put the case connectors on wrong and have shorted out the switch.

take a good close look at the manual and the connections, they can be a real pig to get right.

if it is also a new case, then it might be a faulty switch. try gently tapping with your nuckle around the power/reset switch area (and no, i dont mean punch it lol....much as it might be annoying you it will not help)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…