sorting programmes

joe95 10:36 31 Jul 05

Iam running WinXPHome and can't see a lot of my programmes on the list is it possible to have them in one list instead of three columns.?

mattyc_92 12:03 31 Jul 05

Yes.... Right-click the "Start" button and select "Open All Users". Now open the folder "Programs" and just create new folders for categories... e.g CD & DVD Burning Tools, Microsoft Office, etc... Just cut and paste the shortcuts into these categories.

You may also need to do the same for "c:\documents and settings\username here\start menu\programs" as well.

joe95 15:19 31 Jul 05

I was wondering if they could be arranged in one long list like the Control panel or as W98

mattyc_92 15:54 31 Jul 05

Oh, you mean "Scrolling"?

Yes it is possible.... Right-click the "Start" button and select "properties". Click onto "Customise", followed by the "Advance" tab. Now just scroll down to the option "Scroll Programs". Tick the box for this option and click onto OK.

You will now see the programs in one long list like Win98

Hope that helps.

joe95 16:37 31 Jul 05

Thanks, just the job, should have explained myself better in first post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…