Sorting mail with Outlook

cyberphobic 08:07 07 Mar 05

I have just upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003 as it seems to offer many more features. With OE I set up a message rule which didn't download my wife's email, so she could then pick it up later on her wireless laptop. I have my own domain name, so my email adress is [email protected] and hers is [email protected] I have checked all the message rule options in Outlook but can't find a do not download option, it must be possible to do this, can someone point me in the right direction please?

cyberphobic 09:48 07 Mar 05

refresh

JaßîsFaß ˜ 11:40 07 Mar 05

I believe you just need to set up your e-mail account in your outlook and her e-mail account in her outlook on her laptop. I do not believe you need to use any rules.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 11:48 07 Mar 05

click here

The above document may help

cyberphobic 14:03 07 Mar 05

Thanks very much for your help,the link is useful, but doesn't clarify how I can sort my mail - at the moment if I send a mail to my wife on my PC it is received on my PC, if I send a mail to my wife on her laptop it is received on her laptop!!!

JaßîsFaß ˜ 15:52 07 Mar 05

When I lived with my parents I had a similar problem with our origianl settings in that anything to her or my tesco e-mail address came into outlook but by changing the e-mail account settings I resolved it. Sorry can't remember the exact changes I made but it did resolve the problem.

cyberphobic 19:10 07 Mar 05

refresh

cyberphobic 21:57 07 Mar 05

someone must know the answer

cyberphobic 07:01 08 Mar 05

refresh

BRYNIT 09:25 08 Mar 05

I could not find a way of stopping the down load apart from.

1. remove password, this will bring up request for password.

2. Go to tools e-mail accounts view accounts and remove her account details. Now she can down load to laptop.

Modo 10:14 08 Mar 05

I am not totally clear what you are trying to achieve but you have two options that may solve your query if you are on a Pop3.

Option 1 is not to include the e-mail account in a send and recieve.

Option 2 is to go to the chane Tab in e-mail options on the account and then go to more settings - advanced tab. Here you have the facility to save the mail on the server (you can define how long). That way you can download the same mail on to multiple computers that are set up with that address.

Both these can be accessed from tools - email accounts - view or change existing e-mail accounts (that is XP but I recall 2003 is just about the same)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…