Sorting duplicate jpg images from mixed folders

Rubroy 19:30 11 Feb 04

I have a number of folders on my hard drive which contain several hundred jpg/ bitmap images, many of which are duplicated. I want to combine them all into one or two smaller folders for archiving in an organised manner. Where the duplicated pictures have the same number it has been no problem as Windows Picture and Fax viewer draws attention to them if you try to copy and paste or drag and drop to a folder which already contains the image. What I would like is an ‘image recognition’ system or programme which would do the same thing even when the file names have been changed to suit other archival systems over the years - as in the case in point . Short of printing out hundreds of thumbnails and trying to reconcile them has anyone any suggestions as to how this could be done?

Mango Grummit 07:08 12 Feb 04
  Pesala 07:43 12 Feb 04

My favourite kind of utility. Free, small, and simple to use. Added to my list.

I was going to suggest sorting the files by size, but this utility does all the hard work for you. A "must have" for everyone's toolkit.

Rubroy 17:24 12 Feb 04

Thanks Mango Grummet and Pesala - what a super little programme. I was delighted with its performance! In about 20 minutes, even checking the reults manually as I went, I processed over 500 files, weeding out about 70 duplicates. Great - thanks for your help.

Mango Grummit 14:06 13 Mar 04

Resolved is it Rubroy?

Give us a tick then -- a blue one if you can -- green is so boring.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…