sorry, not PC talk, but a mobile question...

Magik ®© 14:08 30 Jul 04

hi, if you send a text abroad, from this country, and the number is 07752********, is that all i put, or do i change it like i do when i text back to the uk from aboard, ie: by taking off the 0 and adding +44, i think that is what i did :-(

thanks

Wes Tam ;-) 14:11 30 Jul 04

Magik ®© yes that's all you do.

When abroad you need the 0044 to direct your call to the UK.

Magik ®© 14:21 30 Jul 04

thank you for that,, I want to text my daughter, now i can go ahead......

cherria 14:26 30 Jul 04

Wes Tam ;-)

using 0044 only works if the international access code in the country you are is 00 which it is not always. using +44 as Magik says works everywhere. However, you misunderstood his question I think. He is in the UK and wants to text his daughter who is abroad, in which case he texts to 07752....

However, mobiles are clever little blighters and if you make all your numbers +44.... then the phone will work out where it is and use the correct number.

All the numbers in my phone have the international code attached so I can use th ephone book wherever I happen to be.

Wes Tam ;-) 15:13 30 Jul 04

cherria that's what I said.

cherria 16:54 30 Jul 04

Wes Tam ;-)

This may have been what you said
"When abroad you need the 0044 to direct your call to the UK."

But that did not answer the question that he asked which was when in the UK how do you send a text to a uk phone number that is abroad.

Wes Tam ;-) 11:59 31 Jul 04

Sorry Magik ®© as you're probably getting notification for each of these postings and I promise that these are my last words.

cherria the question posed was "hi, if you send a text abroad, from this country, and the number is 07752********, is that all i put"

My answer was "Magik ®© yes that's all you do."

QED!!!!

Magik ®© 13:41 31 Jul 04

hi again, the answer you gave was the one i went by,the text was worded and it was then on it's way to Rhodes.....and she has not texted back to say she never got it.. :-)))))))))

golfpro 14:45 31 Jul 04

Always include +44 (or whatever your country code is), before any numbers in you mobile address book, it makes life much simpler, and works no matter where you are.

golfpro 14:49 31 Jul 04

There is one exception to this of course, if you have a number in your address book for someone in say Austria then the prefix should be the one for that country (ie. +43)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now