sorry to bother you again, printer problem here!!

sammyb36 19:47 21 Nov 07

hi guys

just bought an all in one lexmark 6250 printer off ebay without software or anything(bit naive....maybe) however i have downloaded the driver and all is ok there....
however whenn i try to print it says cannot communicate with printer...

i have tried different usb ports and leads but still says the same.....

any help wud be appreciated

many thanks

sam

David4637 13:46 23 Nov 07

Try printing out a test page, you may not need the PC to be connected to do this?? David

chub_tor 15:18 23 Nov 07

Does the printer show up in Control Panel, Printers as an installed printer and is it the default with a check mark on it? If so then it is correctly installed and the drivers are OK. Go to the printer and check its Properties and it should have a tab with Ports, look at that to see which port the printer is trying to communicate with.

If all else fails, unplug the USB lead, remove the printer via the Conttol Panel. Swittch off the computer and let it re-boot so that Windows searches for new hardware and then follow the screen prompts.

chub_tor 15:23 23 Nov 07

In case you haven't found the page here is a link to the Lexmark 6250 Set Up procedure. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…