Sorry ! Basic question as I,ve forgotton the answe

WallyD 12:03 08 Aug 05

Where is the location to alter your photos to a default package ie All photos in my Paint shop pro have been hijacked by another prog
Sorry about this but I just can't find it
many thanks

Eric10 12:25 08 Aug 05

Right-click a photo, click 'Open with' and then 'Choose program' at the bottom of the list. Choose Paint Shop Pro from the list or, if it isn't listed, browse to the program file. Make sure to tick the box labelled 'always use the selected program to open this kind of file' then click 'OK'.

jbaker65 12:25 08 Aug 05

On the desktop, open 'my computer' click on view, folder options,file types, find the extension you want and then associate it with the program you want to use.

Stuartli 12:25 08 Aug 05

If you know a pic file name or names, try Run>Search>Find Files or Folders and key in the file name.

It should give you a clue to the path of the folder where the files are residing.

Stuartli 12:26 08 Aug 05

If you have XP it would normally be My Documents>My Pictures.

Stuartli 12:30 08 Aug 05

Apologies - I thought you had lost the pix files altogether based on your query...:-)

WallyD 13:01 08 Aug 05

I should have mentioned I,m on Win ME
Right click the photo gives OPEN but no OPEN WITH

WallyD 13:06 08 Aug 05

Thanks chaps
Your as good as ever

Eric10 21:17 09 Aug 05

Sorry for being a litle late but this is the first time in days I have been able to get into 'My Postings' to see what is happening. In Win98/ME if you click the file to highlight it then hold Shift and right-click it you should get an 'Open With' option if I remember rightly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…