Sorry - Another "Graphics Card" Query

Weaves 19:30 03 Nov 05

Apologies all regular advisors!

Looking to upgrade my graphics card as current one rubbish! Bit of a beginner so I have a few queries:

Current card came with PC - nVidia 6200 Turbocache connected via PCI Express x16, so I know I have to get a card that connects via PCI EX 16. Is it as simple as taking the old one out and putting a new one in the same place? I've read that some cards need to be connected to PC internal power supply - what's that all about? What does it look like! How will I know before buying if this is the case?

My monitor has normal blue connection (is this VGA). Some cards I see have only the white ports on the back (Is this DVI). What's the difference - should I get one with both?

Finally, PC Spec is:
Intel P4 3.2Ghz

My Budget is £150 - £250. Any advice?

Sorry - I know you regulars probably see questions like this all the time, but any advice will really help me.

Sans le Sou 19:59 03 Nov 05

click here

selection here

Sans le Sou 20:01 03 Nov 05

You need to be aware of power supply outputs these days as some cards need a lot of grunt.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…