sorry

dr hands 15:23 23 Apr 06

IT SEEMS I UPSET A FEW PEOPLE TODAY JUST TRYING TO GET HELP TO SORT OUT A PROBLEM,I THINK SOME COMMENTS WERE A BIT HARSH FROM PEOPLE WITH MORE EXPERTISE THAN ME.it has put me off using this forum so in future i will take my questions to pc world.....so i apologise if i ruffled a few feathers.

Diodorus Siculus 15:29 23 Apr 06

No need to go off in a huff :-) We've all been new here once upon a time.

Do you still want step by step answers?

Do you have any motherboard driver CDs?

What motherboard is in your pc?

What PC do you have?

click here
SIW will tell you all the information you need.

Then post back here with the reslts.

Diodorus Siculus 15:30 23 Apr 06

Forums - c-media device - PC Advisor
click here

This is the thread in question.

pj123 16:05 23 Apr 06

I don't think anyone is that upset. They are just pointing out the Forum "rules".

So don't be too hasty with your decision to leave the Forum.

Unfortunately, I don't think where you plan on going with your queries in the future is a good idea. First of all they may not know the answer (but there are nearly 190,000 forum members one of which may know the answer) Secondly, they will most likely charge for their services. The Forum is free.

If you email the Forum Editor via the link at the top of the page I am sure he will email you a "Welcome Pack" explaining the Terms and Conditions of the Forum.

I did something similar to you a few years back but after about 4 or 5 weeks (the FE knows how many) I begged to be allowed back on the Forum. Happy to say that everyone accepted it as a one-off tantrum and I have been here ever since.

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:14 23 Apr 06

Hello from various forums it may be advisable to see if you can get the driver from the motherboard manufacturer, some have even used the "Realtek 97" driver. Suggest you do a Google and maybe some useful info will emerge. Do not be put off by these people, I think your percieved misdemenours could have been dealt with with a bit more courtesy, but there you go.

jimmer409® 16:20 23 Apr 06

old-----old, but don't throw the baby out with the wash, this is the most straight forward, helpful forum going. i sometimes get the hump over responses, but in the end this is the best bar none.

Totally-braindead 16:36 23 Apr 06

Its me thats upset you and what I said I presume. If so I appologise but I still think that you should get whoever blanked and reinstalled Windows to sort it.

That said if you still wish to try sorting it yourself Diodorus Siculus has given you the link to a program that will tell you what you have and from that the Forum will be able to tell you which driver you need and provide the link to it. All they will need to do this is the motherboard name and model, which SIW will give you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…