Sophos Anti-Virus

Sturmey 21:59 05 Apr 04

I have been using sophos anti virus for the past four months and no virus so far, however today I was bored and thought I'd try the trend online virus scanner and it found 4 viruses that sophos had completely ignored mmmmm. All tis time I've been thinking I was protected against a virus but in fact I had four. My question is whats the point of sophos if it doesn't detect viruses. is trend anti-virus worth buying?

TommyRed 22:11 05 Apr 04

I've noticed a few people on here call paid-for AV for letting a virus through. It would appear that this has happened on occasion with the Free ones too. I do wonder if the people keep them up to date, it would benefit if you did, try Avast click here and the one I use AVG click here both free for domestic use. HTH TR

VoG II 22:23 05 Apr 04

Which on-line scanner and what were the names of the viruses that it found?

Sir Radfordin 22:35 05 Apr 04

I would be VERY surprised if an up-to-date version of Sophos let any virus though. Sophos is one of the leading companies in this field.

VoG II 22:37 05 Apr 04

Quite! Used by Government departments for example as well as the humbler company that employs me.

Sturmey 22:54 05 Apr 04

I updated the sophos ide's yesterday 4th from the sophos site, I can only say what happened to me and it appears in my case that sophos didn't do the job.

It was the trend house call online virus scan, sorry I cant remember what virus it found, it found one straight away that it cleaned then there where 3 others that where unclean-able so I had to delete them manually they where in this folder C:\Documents and Settings\Larrie\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment

0006 22:57 05 Apr 04

I agree, too. If Sophos is good enough for MI5, it's good enough for me.
Sturmey: make sure you visit click here for the latest IDEs. Don't rely on the CD updates alone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…