Sop swapping H.Drive-Need help please?

buel 22:18 02 Nov 09

Hi, my local pc shop messed up replacing my gf's laptop screen several times so have now bought a brand new replacement laptop which they say is the 'exact same model but slightly better spec' and they want my gf to take in her current laptop and they will swap hard drives. My question is will she lose anything by doing this (data etc) or is ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING included on the hard drive? I am unsure about bookmarks for instance?
Thank you for any advice anyone can give me on this!!

Technotiger 22:23 02 Nov 09

Swapping the Drive should result in Everything being exactly the same.

All they need to do is Clone the old drive to the new drive and make the physical swap - just like when using Acronis.

buel 22:28 02 Nov 09

Thanks for that, i believe that they are actually physically swapping the hard drives?

Technotiger 22:34 02 Nov 09

Yes, that is correct - but I would expect them to Clone the drive first from the old drive, that way you would not lose any software or settings at all.

Pamy 22:42 02 Nov 09

Iwould not let them swap the HDD. transfer data by all means but keep her old HDD.

buel 23:06 02 Nov 09

Why is that please?

buel 23:07 02 Nov 09

Ps- i thought all they had to do was to clone the hard drive (acronis) and NOT actually swap the hard drives?

Pamy 23:10 02 Nov 09

Why is that please?
because it is a new computer

buel 23:12 02 Nov 09

and you mean it may go wrong, for instance?

Pamy 23:15 02 Nov 09

I mean that I want what I pay for, I do not want my old HDD installed in my brand new computer

buel 23:20 02 Nov 09

I see! Well the hard drive in her current laptop is only 11 months old and i think she is quite keen to keep everything as it is (like the way she has personalised everything, if you see what i mean) Would cloning the hard drive to the new one be just as effective as physically swapping them?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…