sony xga vpl-cx5 projector

weemacs 22:39 02 Feb 11

Help cannot get anything to run on this projector except power point. I am trying to play my pics thru it or a photo cd but no go. I have also tried with an acer ax110 projector and no go. Both will show power point slides no problem. I am running it with a Dell Inspiron latop.

Woolwell 22:59 02 Feb 11

A projector is just like an external monitor. It doesn't run anything. The laptop does. If the PowerPoint works then there is nothing wrong with the projector but you you need to look at the display properties. If you want it to display your desktop then you need to set it clone. If you want it to be a separate display then you want extended desktop. I suspect that your PowerPoint is using extended display and what you are seeing is just a blank display otherwise.

Woolwell 23:01 02 Feb 11

This may help click here.

What is your operating system?

weemacs 11:38 03 Feb 11

my operating system is windows xp pro sp3. How do I clone the desktop

Woolwell 12:46 03 Feb 11

Have a look through this (the last post may be applicable) click here
One of your Fn keys may do it too.

weemacs 18:22 03 Feb 11

thanks very much the function and F8 key worked with the acer projector a treat but cannot get it to work with the sony but no matter one is working.

Woolwell 20:19 03 Feb 11

Which model Inspiron?

If you right click on the desktop does it give you graphics options? If so this should allow you to clone for the Sony projector.

weemacs 15:22 04 Feb 11

Thanks for that. Just one last question promise. When using F8 on my inpiron 600 it works a treat projecting the screen onto the wall from the projector. Is there any way I can see it on the screen of the laptop also. I can only do this when on powepoint and set it to monitor 2 in the presentaion options.

Woolwell 16:30 04 Feb 11

This is what the clone option should do ie you see what is on the laptop screen and on the projector. You need to enter your display/graphics options to do this.

Woolwell 16:34 04 Feb 11

Looking at your manual trying Fn F8 again and keep toggling it and see what happens. However it may be graphics limitation.

Woolwell 16:37 04 Feb 11

Ignore the fact that it says monitor as it should be the same as projector see here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…