sony vio

karl1483 20:27 02 Oct 05

a friend has given me a sony vio pcg-c1xd notebook to look at, however i am having a few problems. the spec is a p2 400mhz with 64mb ram and is running windows 98 2nd edition i have tracked down extra memory which is good but i am unable to locate any drivers of any sort , the external hard drive i ahve is not recognised (iomega super dvd drive) think its because its usb 2, so i cant load on any modem drivers to enable me to connect to internet to use windows update.has anyone any clues on what i can do to rectify this.thank you

spanneress 20:39 02 Oct 05

Has it got a network port? If so, bung in some cross over cable and share your connection on one of your PC's that HAS got internet connection.

Have you done a re-install of 98? Is that why the modem drivers are missing?

karl1483 20:58 02 Oct 05

yes it has a network connection i am trying that as i write this cant seem to get network connection working though have limited connectivity hate xp home.do you know any good networking advice sites on how to setup

Skills 22:20 02 Oct 05

The network setup wizard in XP home should do it for you. Open up the control panel and then run the wizard from there.

woodchip 22:24 02 Oct 05

You do not need drivers for CD or Hard Drives, Windows loads these. You do need though Motherboard EIDE controller drivers Sound and Graphics drivers

skidd 23:08 02 Oct 05

Are you trying to install WinXP?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…