Sony Vaio won't resume from standby

Mike the Nav Guy 18:36 21 Oct 05

My Sony Vaio PCG-FX501 laptop will not resume from Standby. No matter what settings I enter in Power Options, once in Standby, it will not resume on mouse movement or keyboard activation. Running XP Home, same problem with and without SP1&2. Sony and Microsoft blame one another....

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:41 21 Oct 05

HAve you check the power management options in the BIOS?

skeletal 20:58 21 Oct 05

This won’t help at all (!), but I have tried to use standby on many computers using all variants of Windows from Win95 up to XP and I have never made it work reliably. I have just brought a Dell laptop (must post the story of that purchase one day if I ever get round to it!) and that didn’t fire up from standby either.

IIRC earlier variants used to give the message along the lines of “Windows has failed to start up properly on several occasions and has thus disabled this feature”.

I always give it a try when I get/make a new computer, then do what I always do…ignore it!!!

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…