Sony Vaio will not stay awake

AlanPhipps 13:58 PM 12 Sep 12

I have a new i5 Vaio and I have attached a CCTV system to it. I need it to remain always on, and have disabled the Windows 7 Hibernation, Sleep and power settings which would normally turn it off. however, after about 2hrs it still switches into sleep mode - causing the Cameras to be blacked out. This must be a Sony Software over-ride but I cant find out how to stop it. any ideas please? Alan

northumbria61 16:52 PM 12 Sep 12

Are you sure it is going in Sleep Mode or just turning OFF the display?

Check in Power Options again - Choose when to turn off display - make sure it is set to NEVER.

AlanPhipps 18:27 PM 12 Sep 12

Yes, all options set to NEVER. I think Sony has an over-riding Software perhaps and one which is controlling the PC despite my Windows instructions. Thanks for the suggestion though.

northumbria61 23:10 PM 12 Sep 12

Alan - found this. You may need to re-enable VAIO Power Management enter link description here

Scroll down to see the post from SILK - It appears a Power Management Update may have disabled your Power Management Utility

AlanPhipps 07:57 AM 13 Sep 12

Hi Northumbria61, Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that and see if we can cure it. As others have said, it is not an easy link to find and a fix which should be offered not automatic I think. Much appreciated though. Alan

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites