Sony Vaio recovery disk problem

Shorty070875 16:08 PM 20 Jun 13

Hi I've just bought a Sony Vaio and am trying to create the recovery disks. Each time I try it spends around 45 minds copying the first disk then comes up with an error no 142025 saying it doesn't work with this disk remove it and try another. I've tried 3 different disks so far and each 1 is the same.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Shorty070875

northumbria61 10:48 AM 21 Jun 13

I've tried 3 different disks so far and each 1 is the same.

Are you using the correct format?

The main thing to remember is to get discs that are of the same format as your DVD drive. For example, if you have a DVD drive that records in the DVD+R/+RW format make sure you buy discs that have that label on the packaging. You cannot use a +R disc in a -R recorder or vice versa. However, many DVD recorders now record in both the - and + formats.

You say you have used 3 different discs but have you tried a different make? My advice, when it comes to blank DVDs, stick with major brands.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:34 AM 21 Jun 13

My advice, when it comes to blank DVDs, stick with major brands.

and burn at the slowest speed possible.

Shorty070875 10:51 AM 23 Jun 13

Thanks, trying Memorex DVD-r now was trying Maxell DVD+r so hopefully it will work.

Shorty070875 10:52 AM 23 Jun 13

Be helpful if they would just supply recovery discs when you buy the laptop

Shorty070875 11:15 AM 23 Jun 13

Looks that way. I know HP is the same. Last laptop I bought was ASUS about 4 years ago and they supplied it.

Shorty070875 13:13 PM 23 Jun 13

Yeah thanks for all the help guys. It's worked not sure if it was switching to Memorex or switching from +R to -R but either way its worked. I think its the manufacturer cos according to specs on Sony site this laptop supports both type of disc drive.

Your right about first time buyers having to burn their own recovery, it probably puts a lot of people off buying them or even worse like me not realising till you've got it that you need to. It's not even like they've dropped the price to cover it if anything they've increased

mart7 14:46 PM 23 Jun 13

On my sons viao laptop purchased recently from currys their charge was £15 for recovery discs

We made the recovery discs ourselves on Asdas own brand dvd-r (25 for £2.50)

Liesbeth_K 15:47 PM 23 Jun 13

I have the same problem with my Sony Vaio! First I used philips DVD+R discs and now Sony DVD+R but both give the same error. The DVD-burner in this laptop is also compitable with all kinds of DVDs.

adamr 23:08 PM 23 Jul 13

Hello,

I encountered a similar problem when attempting to create DVD recovery discs from Windows 8 (64 bit) from my Sony VAIO SVT1313 S1ES.

Sony helpdesk recommended to uninstall VAIO Care and reinstall it, together with an update, which I did:

click here then connected a Samsung DVD writer (model SE-S084D) only via the 2.0 USB connector (2nd from the front of the laptop, a connection of the DVD writer with both cables and the 3.0 USB connector yields error messages like "An error occurred while verifying the disc. Close this program, restart your computer, then start the process again with a new disc. Discard previous disc. Error code: 142025).

I had already installed the software "Suite Nero 9 Essentials" that had been provided with the DVD writer

Using the VAIO CARE application, I then created under "Create Recovery Media” , 5 DVD-R with the Windows 8 System. (I used TDK DVD-Rs 16X 120 min 4.7GB) (N.B. DVD+R do not seem to work and generate error messages similar to the one above.

Hope this helps

Regards Raymond

http://www.sony.lu/support/fr/product/SVT1313S1ES/downloads/EP0000285437_8264

I

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites