Sony Vaio - Quick restore deletes D- Drive files

novis 12:12 04 Jan 07

I have a Sony Vaio PC. The supplied software informs that it would restore Drive C but not affect the files on the partitioned Drive.

However, when I ran it, it deleted the files from Drive D. I thought that I had saved them to a removable hard drive, but there was a problem with the save.

Sony offer to take in the computer to confirm that the software does what I claim - as the Drive D delete process is news to them. They wont however, recover my Drive D files for me, which I what I'm interested in.

The reason for this seems to be that file recovery is a 3rd party process which they do not themselves undertake.

So ...

1) Where can I have this done and

2) does anyone have any idea of the cost?

I have tried to run Search and Recover but the files it lists are not recognizable to me: is this 'normal' - i.e. might they list as something else?

Is there anything I could do prior to handing over my PC to a technician to allow him to determine whether my files are indeed there to recover [e.g. a screenshot] prior to spending the money?

I am happy to waste Sony's money but there Isa time element here if I have to be separated from my computer by handing it over to a technician.

... Is there anything else I shd worry about?

novis 11:32 11 Jan 07

Is there no one with any ideas about this?

rawprawn 11:59 11 Jan 07

click here download this and see if it will show the files you want.

VoG II 12:01 11 Jan 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009