SONY VAIO PCG FX401 Video Out Problems !!!

Robert-323831 20:43 01 Apr 03

I've got a Sony Vaio PCG FX401 running Windows XP but when I want to use the Video Out Option that my laptop provides, so I can see my desktop on my tv, it only shows the background not my desktop icons or any media what so ever.
My laptop is not old and I have just restored my Win XP again to get rid of all the crap that those odd useless programs create when installing.

So I presume my driver is working, but does it need upgrading, to enable me to see all my desktop with all the icons and media.

Thanks Rob.

fitshase 22:25 01 Apr 03

It sounds to me like you have an option checked along the lines of "extend desktop onto TV".

When I connected my previous laptop to my TV I could have the TV as an extension of my desktop. Try this:-

- Connect your laptop to your TV in the way you have done.

- Open an application (e.g., Internet Explorer)

- Click on the "Restore" button (at the top right of the screen next to close) so the application isn't maximised.

- Click and hold on the title bar of the application and drag it along to the right (or left/top/bottom) of the screen and see if it appears on your TV.

If this is the case then your laptop is working fine and you just need to find a setting to make the TV the same as your laptop screen.

hope this helps

regards

Fitshase

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…