Sony Vaio JogDial install problem

SonnyB 22:29 16 Oct 06

I have a Sony Vaio laptop for which I have downloaded the software (from Sony website) for the jogdial application. After instal it should appear in the start menu but is nowhere to be found, yet it is in Add/remove programs and in the program file folder.
Can anyone tell me why it is not appearing in the start menu please?
Have I installed it correctly?
Should there be anything in the Start menu or startup folder?

woodchip 22:32 16 Oct 06

What does it do?

SonnyB 23:03 16 Oct 06

The JogDial is a Sony utility that looks like a roller below the trackpad. It is very useful for scrolling, switching apps etc.
I have loaded the software from Sony but cannot seem to get it to appear in the menu.

woodchip 23:07 16 Oct 06

If it's in Control Panel First double click it for settings, You can drag a shortcut to the quick start bar with the right mouse button

SonnyB 23:17 16 Oct 06

Sorry, but double-click it where?
It cannot be double clicked or dragged from control panel.

woodchip 23:19 16 Oct 06

So can you right click it in Control Panel? If it does not do anything. Then it as not loaded correctly

SonnyB 08:48 17 Oct 06

No it cannot be right clicked from control panel, so I will try to re-install.

SonnyB 16:43 17 Oct 06

Actually, nothing in control panel can be right clicked. Exactly how do you mean 'right click and drag from control panel?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…