Sony vaio, install Samsung SSD 500Gb

uranusrising 16:14 12 Jun 15

Hi, I'm trying to replace my HD with Samsung 500 Gb SSD. Any one know if this is possible? Sony Vaio VPFC1, Win 7 Ultimate. I have installed the Samsung software but the drive can't be 'seen' by the system.

Thanks

rdave13 17:21 12 Jun 15

I'm not sure what you mean by installing the Samsung software? Usually its a case of removing the original drive and replacing with the SSD. If there is an option in the BIOS to change to AHCI mode then change it before installing the OS, with either your recovery disks or a Windows disk. Not sure your model number is correct though.

Possibly this link will help out and also see the link for Vaio F Series Windows 7 64-bit Clean Install Guide Using OEM Recovery Discs.

uranusrising 17:33 12 Jun 15

Hi, yes you're right regarding the model number, apologies for that. It should read VPCF1. I don't know how to get into the bios (maybe I shouldn't be doing it?) I looked up a few instructions and it said for intel choose F10. I reckon that Samsung must feel it's possible even for a novice. Their blurb seems to indicate this when you look at their SSD literature. Thanks, I'll look at the other info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017