Sony Vaio help needed

Modrox 22:44 15 Feb 12

Hello Everyone!

I have got a Sony Vaio FW41E/H, which comes with built in Blu Ray reader, but it does not wanna read it at all...

Facts: originally WIN Vista was on, which I replaced with Win7, hence Vista is crap - as we all know.

I also downloaded some firmware/software from sony.uk site, but did not help at all...

I also checked BIOS, but on this PC it is too simple, we cant change a thing... (not detailed, like in the past, 5 years+ ago...)

The Blu Ray disk I tried to play is: Waterworld (2009)

Does anybody know what could fix this problem.....?

northumbria61 10:19 16 Feb 12

Is Waterworld the only disc you are having problems with or will it not read any blu-ray discs? OR do you suspect the Blu Ray reader may be the problem? More information needed really if anyone is able to help you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:36 16 Feb 12

MAke and model of Discplayer>

You probaby need a windows 7 driver for it abd maybe even the right software to play blu ray discs

Modrox 13:17 16 Feb 12

make is I guess Sony Vaio FW41E/H made in china Model: PCG-3H1M there also another number: 282167615005259

I have not tried other blu rays, none of my friends or me have any... but not even my PC can read the disk, so I probably need some driver, or firmware... I guess....?

Win7 can read dvds perfectly, but not blu rays.... wonder why....?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:52 16 Feb 12

All tour drivers are here

However I think you need some plater to play the blu ray files (not built into windows) what software was provided with the machine?

Modrox 19:00 16 Feb 12

No software was provided with my laptop... probably they just installed some onto vista, which i replaced with win 7, hence its much better...

Modrox 19:02 16 Feb 12

i checked out those downloads, from the 4 firmware only one let it install.. also downloaded that 117mb bluray software update, but did not work at all, even though i even dwnloded the full prog....

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:49 16 Feb 12

As i said you need a blu ray proram to play the discs.

There is n.t any free ones that will play blu ray

PowerDVD is crap, TMT TotalMedia Theatre is best but expensive. here

Modrox 00:31 17 Feb 12

I got new pover dvd, which can play even 3d blu rays, but hence pc cant recognise disc, powerdvd cant either.... x.x

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:26 17 Feb 12

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the DVD drive

Woolwell 21:50 17 Feb 12

Did you download any drivers/software from Sony for W7? See Sony Support . You may need Win DVD BD. Did you keep any recovery discs or create any before installing W7? See this WinDVD thread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…