Sony unsigned driver

pinnicat 22:53 24 Nov 04

Bought myself a nice piece of Sony digital camcorder yesterday. Camera is fine but cannot run the software. it loads and runs but will not let me use the applications, claiming it is an unsigned (by Windows) prog' and will only corrupt my system if i procede.
I did anyway but at no point was the hardware detected or able to transfer images or usb stream.
Windows xp sp2
Sony DCR-TRV255E!
many thanks.
mik

sicknote 23:51 24 Nov 04

Have you try these update drivers and patches

click here

pinnicat 00:00 25 Nov 04

Thanks.... I will give the patch a whirl. But why is this a problem on a brand new piece of hardware ?. Is it a service pack 2 problem as i recall the manual saying that only first issue O.S>s will run correctly...or something like..... and if this is not satisfactorily resolved, can i claim a refund on the camcorder?
thank-you

ste_bla 00:16 25 Nov 04

unsigned driver nomally means that the company havent bothered to pay microsoft money to test the compatibility between the OS and the prgoram

pinnicat 00:21 25 Nov 04

This is "SONY" we're talking about.A company that size using unsupported/unsigned software. It seems a little slack to me...Also, can it really corrupt my sound and graphics card as it claimed , or is it all sour grapes and scaremongery?

ste_bla 00:33 25 Nov 04

fair point i guess

prehaps instead of normally i should have put sometimes oh well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…