sony RDR-HXD870B recording music

royp 10:14 28 Dec 07

I have been familiarising myself with my recorder but have come across a couple of queries somebody may be able to help me with

1 - is it possible to transfer files from the hard disk onto a connected usb memory stick?

2 - I've recorded a couple of radio (music) programmes which I wish to have available on CD for playing in my car. The radio programmes record as DVD files and can be copied from the HDD to a DVD disk but where do I go from there to get a CD recording? I am not familiar with what all the files on the DVD comprise of!

Any help/clarification for this novice would be most appreciated!

Technotiger 10:25 28 Dec 07

1 - Yes, just connect memory stick to PC and use as just another drive.

2 - The radio music files should also be copyable to CD, just as to DVD.

royp 11:40 28 Dec 07

Thanks for the response. However, I think my message may not have been clear. I am looking at my Sony DVD/HDD recorder and

1 - it doesn't seem to recognise the USB as an option for copying to

2 - the recorder will not accept blank CDs to be recorded onto. It continually ejects them! Also, I am unsure which of the multitude of files saved as the DVD recording can be used as standalone music files and/or can be converted to mp3 or equivalent?

eedcam 12:49 28 Dec 07

Its a dvd recorder not a CD recorder so you need to do your cd's on th PC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…