Sony PS3 add your own pics to the background?

LAP 21:35 23 Apr 07

My son has a PS3 he states you can add your own pics to the background etc. I have given him a memory stick with several pics of his car in all of the formats large as well as small sizes. It still shows 'no images'

I have read several forums some of which just seem to make stupid comments to each other and I have learned nothing.

Can anyone help?

LAP 08:30 24 Apr 07

^bump^ Please

Ho-Lin-Sok 09:07 24 Apr 07

Not getting mixed up with skinning are you
click here

Slim Shady 09:23 24 Apr 07

You can get any image (well, definitely jpeg - it's all I use so I don't know about others) to display on the screen but only temporarily. There is no permanent 'background' function yet. Hopefully Sony will add this in a future firmware update because you can do it with a PSP so why not a PS3? Come on Sony, get it sorted. Select the memory stick and press triangle, select 'show all'. You should (hopefully) see all displayable (!) images. Press X to select one, then the 'PS' button in the middle of the sixaxis and it will be the background. But only for as long as you remain in the XMB. I think. Hope this makes sense - it's too early for me to think properly.

LAP 10:25 24 Apr 07

Thanks. Ho-Lin-Sok that does look smart, but not what he is looking for.

Slim Shady. Thank you, this looks like the answer and I will pass it on. Thanks again...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos