Sony notebook intermittently not powering up

dimercaprol 22:36 16 Jan 04

Every now and then, my Sony vaio fx103 is not powering up. I am getting an intermittent problem where the computer does not power on when I press the on button. The lights flash once, the disc apparently spins once and then stops and the lights go off. Pressing on to the power switch continuously causes this to occur repeatedly, but like a car with a live battery but that is repeatedly turning over and not starting, the computer does not power on. After some hours or days, it starts working again as if nothing happened! Has anyone come across this problem?

Dragon Heart 22:57 16 Jan 04

You could try cleaning battery / laptop terminals with a lint free cloth sprayed with a little switch cleaner. My only other suggestion is get your battery condition / transformer checked out.

dimercaprol 16:27 17 Jan 04

I have tried putting in a new battery with no effect. When it doesn't start, the new battery doesn't help it start. Nor does running it on mains.

Big Elf 18:14 17 Jan 04

Maybe also spraying a tiny amount of Switch Cleaner available, I think, from Maplins Electronics into the on/off switch might help?

dimercaprol 18:31 18 Jan 04

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go and see if it helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…