Sony MP3 Walkman NWZ-S618F DRAG & DROP ?

grandobs 16:51 18 Nov 08

I have been using this Sony MP3 Player, transfering music with "copy" from computer and "paste" to MP3 player, Now when I try, I get an "Error Copying File" message saying "The Device Either Stopped Responding Or Has Been Disconected". Also get the same message if I Drag and Drop. [Mp3 Player shows "Connecting USB (MTP)"
Music will transfer ok if I use Windows Media Player 11 and SYNC. I have reset MP3 Player, changed position of "Hold" switch and changed USB Port. I was so pleased with this player, not having to SYNC all the time as on my old Philips.
Any help or advice would be appreciated
Regards
Grandobs O.A.P

grandobs 12:59 23 Nov 08

I could cut and paste music and pictures to Sony walkman ok from my daughters pc which runs windows xp, as does mine. Everything looks the same on both computers.
Grandobs

grandobs 17:38 23 Nov 08

For any others who may have this problem I got the following from another forum that fixed the problem.

Sony NWZ-S616F
Dear holders, I have it and solved all problems which are in discussion. Just read all INFERNAL help, it works! By XP, go to Start-Control Panels-Administrative tools-Computer Management-Device manager (small icon of computer on your left hand side) tab should have “Walkman” or MTP device. Right click on it and go to properties, now before doing anything it should say “Location — —— Location 0 (Walkman)” if not try unplugging the walkman and see if the MTP device you’re looking at is removed from the list, just to make sure it’s the right device we’re looking for.If you’ve confirmed it’s the Walkman, click on the “Driver tab” and click on “Update Driver…”. Then click on the “Install from a list or a specific location (Advanced)” option and click “Next”. Now select the “Don’t search. I will choose the driver to install.” and click next. It should now bring up 2 driver choices, one being “MTP Device” and the other “USB Mass Storage Device”. Select the USB option and select next, it will then install your walkman as a USB storage device and after that’s done. It should be a matter of unplugging and plugging the Walkman back in and it should show up on your storage options in “My Computer””

GZIRA 14:35 09 Mar 09

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…