sony monitor 17 inch

karelk 20:36 05 Apr 03

hello everyone i would appreciate any help with my monitor problem, my monitor worked fine until 1 day when i was using it, it just turned off, the connections to the monitor are fine, and the power and video card wire work fine. the problem is the monitor will not turn on. i turn it on and for 1 second the green light comes on then goes off again. what should i do?

please help thank u

MAJ 21:03 05 Apr 03

It looks like you need a new monitor, karelk. If it's still under warranty, get the supplier to have it checked out or replaced.

howard60 12:55 06 Apr 03

the monitor goes dead or do you mean that the green light turns to orange. If so that would suggest no output from the video card. Can you try the monitor with another pc and another monitor with your pc.

karelk 13:01 06 Apr 03

the monitor goes dead does not even go to an orange light. i have tried the monitor with another pc, i am sure there is a problem with the monitor and not the pc or graphics card

howard60 13:42 06 Apr 03

you could have a loose wire or the fuse in the plug could be partially gone. Try checking and possibly replace the fuse. Sony are the best I have 2 of them it is rare for them to die. If it is under warranty get it checked out. If not try asking the local tv repair shop for a price to look at it get an estimate before any work is carried out. Most warranties are for 3 or 4 years with Sony.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced