Sony Minidisc MZ N510 - SonicStage software

Epoc Regor 11:39 17 Jan 04

Good morning. I am unable to install the SonicStage software as provided with minidisc player. The error message reads "Install launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close". I think the problem may be that my OS (windows XP) installed itself to E: instead of the usual default C: drive and that the install programme for the minidisc is looking for C: drive access. I've not had this problem before infact I've loaded other software from a CD rom since without problem. Has anyone any ideas as to how I can get round this difficulty which in the Sony MD case may be due to a short-coming in the software? Many thanks. epoc regor

Big Elf 12:51 17 Jan 04

This is only a guess. You could create a folder on the e:\drive and copy all the files from the CD to that then try running setup again.

Big Elf 12:53 17 Jan 04

A further thought. If there's a 'Custom' install option available then select that as it may give an option to select the installed program location.

Epoc Regor 21:58 18 Jan 04

Many thanks for yours. Problem is, once the CD runs up, there is a pause then the error message window appears - I can't get beyond that! So I can't retrieve any information from the CD.

Big Elf 22:10 18 Jan 04

You could visit the Sony site and try and download the software from there.

From personal experience I do know how unfriendly their site is though particularly when you're trying to get help.

Also press 'Shift' when you insert the CD to stop it Autorunning.

Epoc Regor 16:17 19 Jan 04

Thanks Big Elf. I'd already been through the download loop with the same result. Think I'm on a non-starter here! Anyway, many thanks for your assistance - very much appreciated.

Big Elf 16:30 19 Jan 04

Have a look at http:// support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q321882

remove the space between / and support.

Sonic Stage may not be comatible with XP according to MS.

Big Elf 16:31 19 Jan 04

compatible even

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…