SONY MINI DISC NOT SEEN BY WIN MEDIA PLAYER & MUSI

Rabi 01:21 20 Nov 03

I have a SONY Mini Disc Player nz-505, and it works fine with the supplied SONY recording programme.

However, when I try to record to it from Windows Media Player, or MusicMatch 7.5 Plus, both programmes do not "see" the Mini-Disc. What is wrong?

tbh72 16:36 20 Nov 03

The minidisc player HAS TO work through the openMG jukebox software. Sony haven't provided hardware drivers for it to work with any other software. You'll notice that the openMG jukebox has a nifty little security feature which only allows for 3 active copies. It's also a nightmare if for any reason you have to reinstall the software or operating system.

Rabi 17:15 20 Nov 03

What??? There MUST be a way around this, as I do NOT like the OpenMg Software! Too many freezes, crashes, etc. I much prefer the MusicMatch Jukebox.
Anyone have a solution to this silly situation SONY has created? If I had know that I was absolutely locked only to the OpenMg software, I wouldn't have purchased this unit, which otherwise is fantastic and I have recommended to everyone!

Rabi 17:19 20 Nov 03

Are the SHARP adnd AIWA models also locked to particular software?

Oh, Man! What a bother, SONY.

Rabi 21:36 18 Dec 03

Any info anyone? Would be grateful for help with my unresolved question. Or can anyone point me in the direction of forums where this issue has been dealt with successfully?
Thank you, someone ...

"What??? There MUST be a way around this, as I do NOT like the OpenMg Software! Too many freezes, crashes, etc. I much prefer the MusicMatch Jukebox. Anyone have a solution to this silly situation SONY has created? If I had know that I was absolutely locked only to the OpenMg software, I wouldn't have purchased this unit, which otherwise is fantastic and I have recommended to everyone!"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…