Sony Memory stick

TOFF 11:20 11 Dec 03

I recently took some photos on my Sony DSC F717 which I reviewed. Later in the day, my battery ran out and for some reason, when I got home all the day's photos (but not pre-existing ones) had vanished. The camera does not have its own memory so far as I know but wonder if there is any way that I might be able to recover the lost images. Does the memory stick have a hidden directory or something like that?
Any advice gratefully received.

Mollo 14:11 11 Dec 03

I use a Sony Cybershot and exactly the same type of Memory stick I also use the Sony mouse/memory stick reader. When I put a memory stick in the reader it appears in Windows explorer as "Removable disc(E:)" which is expanded to show several folders. Still images are held in the folder "DCIM/100MSDCF". Hope this helps

Chisman 14:45 11 Dec 03

I use a Sony DSC-P9 and never experienced any problems like this. The memory stick is effectively "hard drive". So once a photo has been taken it is saved in the "DCIM/100MSDCF" directory and only erased whe manually deleted or memory stick formatted. I browse this directory directly from the camera - using Windows XP and my USB connector.
Sounds like a strange one - good luck and let us know how you get on.

TOFF 14:53 11 Dec 03

Thanks guys. I have got to where you are. Am trying a direct query with Sony also. Is there a forum?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…