sony laptop memory upgrade

heepster 09:12 08 Oct 08

I have a sony vaio model no. VGN-BX1MN. I need to add memory. System info says I have 2 512 memory modules installed. On removing the memory cover on the back I see only 1 512, yet my computer says it has 1 gig total. Anyone know where the other module is located?I have 2 new 1 gig modules to put in but can only find one slot.If I put one of the new modules in the slot I can see it says I then have 1.5 gig of memory, but its unstable as I suspect the new module doesnt match the existing module(wherever that may be!

rawprawn 09:20 08 Oct 08

Here is a link to Vaio memory upgrade support.
Hope this helps.
click here

rawprawn 09:24 08 Oct 08
  rawprawn 09:24 08 Oct 08

Ignor last kink that is 61 MN

heepster 10:07 08 Oct 08

Thanks but i have done this, the real issue here is that there appears to be TWO memory modules fitted, but I can only see one behind the memory cover. I need to know where the other module is located.

rawprawn 10:43 08 Oct 08

OK, sorry I don't know but I suggest you put your question on their forum.

I am Spartacus 10:58 08 Oct 08

Reading the manual and the memory upgrade guide suggests that there is only one slot available for upgrades to give a maximum memory of 1536MB

Memory Type SO-DIMM - 667Mhz (DDR2).

It's possible the other RAM module is soldered to the motherboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…