Sony Laptop is it worth the money.

prince midas 10:40 23 Dec 08

I was considering buying a Sony CS112z/R Laptop
from John Lewis with a 2 year guarantee, from I am told Sony with on site repairs etc.

Friends tell me that I am wasting my money at around £900 and should buy a HP or Toshiba.
The Sony is a 8400 processer and 4 gig of Ram plus Blue Ray.

Your comments please appreciated.

sheila.weston 10:52 23 Dec 08

What will you be using it for?

^wave^ 10:58 23 Dec 08

in the end its a personel choice what do you want it for how are you going to use it. for me its only got a 14.1 screen i would like it to be 15.4 or larger. look at the write ups online i saw one that compared it with the same model no bluray save nearly £200.
i would do some research first look at the mags reviews.

prince midas 11:12 23 Dec 08

Use it for business use such a Access,excell,internet.
Where do I see a review of it on net.

rawprawn 11:41 23 Dec 08

I bought a Sony VGN-AR31E laptop from John Lewis nearly 2 years ago with a 2 year guarantee, I have been delighted with the machine, and John Lewis (Although I don't think they have Sony on site to repair)

chrissiver 11:43 23 Dec 08

[url=click here]Mac dvd to iPod [/url] is an excellent DVD to iPod conversion tool that is designed for Mac OS users to convert DVD to iPod touch, iPod classic, iPod nano and other iPod players,
By using [url=click here]DVD to iPod Converter for Mac [/url] you can easily convert your favorite DVDs to iPod Touch,iPod Classic and iPod Nano,
want to convert your funny videos to you iPod, take a look at [url=click here]iPod Video Converter for Mac [/url],
enjoy your DVDs and videos on your iPod by browsing [url=click here]Convert DVD to iPod for Mac [/url].

ambra4 11:43 23 Dec 08

Sony VAIO VGN-CS11Z/R Reviews trust your friends

click here

click here

click here

Babou 12:19 23 Dec 08

I was very pleased with my Sony Vaio until it died without warning just outside the warranty period. Sony wanted £500 just to look at it - which of course was the price of a new laptop. I got an Acer, which has been absolutely brilliant, and sold the Vaio corpse (minus hard drive, which makes a handy external drive).

Google "I hate Sony Vaio" and you'll find plenty of stories like mine.

Epirb406 20:26 23 Dec 08

5 years on and still very sminky.

Epirb.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:29 23 Dec 08

"Google "I hate Sony Vaio" and you'll find plenty of stories like mine."

Using an exact search I came up with 7 results, specify UK only and that drops to just 1.

Make a general search and you just get a load of random Sony related results as you will get if you search for any high-volume manufacturer.Google "I hate Sony Vaio" and you'll find plenty of stories like mine.

sunnystaines 09:26 24 Dec 08

we have had a sony laptop 2 years, got some good software included, a good laptop generally.

bad points sony support poor and on high rate tel number, parts expensive. no back up disk or oem disk,has backup partition. if you need to replace the hdd your stuck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…