Sony Laptop Distorted Sounds

fpg 15:13 09 Jun 05

Sony Vaio FS 115e Win XP Home Realtec Sound AVG 7 (Deleted Norton trial software}. First let me say that I do not think it is a fault of the laptop design but the sounds are now distorted and cracked. I have tried via control panel/sounds to trace the fault. Also dxdiag finds no problems. Laptop takes a long time to boot up.

Hope someone has better ideas of likely actions or conflicts that cause distorted sounds

fpg 15:41 09 Jun 05

Just to add that Device Manager/Sounds says all devices are working properly Is it something I have done with this new Laptop - like deleting unwanted trial software that could be the cause? Did use "Add/Remove Programs" Did add Encarta 2002. Nothing else.

fpg 19:22 09 Jun 05

When the system starts the Windows start tune is distorted badly. But in Control Panel "Sounds" -the rerun of 'Start Windows' gives a clear sound of the same tune. Is this a clue?

fpg 22:52 09 Jun 05

Tried to register with Vaio-link but was rejected. The laptop was bought from Sony online and delivered from Belgium. But the reg process says my serial number is not European. I have tried everything I know to get rid of the corrupted sounds no success. Guess no one here has ever had this problem.

Gaz 25 00:22 10 Jun 05

To say the least.

Maybe it's because the sound card drivers haven't loaded at boot.

Hmm, I'd try updating your sound card drivers, and check click here

About sonys support, give them a ring.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…