Sony Handycam DCR-DVD708E

Bob Asher 10:48 23 Jun 09

i recently got given a handy cam DCR-DVD708E with the installation disc but my pc wont recognize it and it wont let me install the programme ubtill my pc acknowledges the camera, i have Windows XP and the wizard cannot find it, my USB port just says unknown device i have looked at sonys website and the useless twats don't even have the product on their site, where can i get the driver for it, any help offered would be appreciated.
Please help!!!

Kevscar1 11:28 23 Jun 09

Put it in your Search Engine

Les28 11:48 23 Jun 09

Do you have a power lead to the camera when connecting to the pc, or do you just use the camera's battery?
Will the pc recognise the DVD disk if you take it out of the camera and put it in your DVD drive on the pc? You might have to finalise it first, better check with your manual about importing directly from disk into pc.
I maybe wrong but with a disk camera, seems easier to edit from the disk, or the disks contents dragged to the hard drive, rather than trying to import via USB to some third party modified supplied software from the camera manufacturer.
Nothing showing in My Computer for the camera ?

JanetO 12:09 23 Jun 09

If you join Driver Guide free you may get a driver there click here

Les28 12:24 23 Jun 09

Are you trying to install as per the instructions on page 81 of the manual here

click here

eedcam 18:50 23 Jun 09

As its dvd no need to install anything just rip the disc to your hard drive .if you need to edit there are freebies for basic cutting an joining and for copying

Bob Asher 19:38 23 Jun 09

Kevscar,Ive been in my search engine no match,JanetO driver guide from your link wanted money to join, and i have followed the instructions from the manual which offers no help it just assumes that your computer recognises it. i know what you mean about dvd straight rip but would like to use the thing properly with the package that way i don't waste money buying disks all the time as they need to be finalized first. i have been onto Sony and am awaiting a response,thanks to all involved in my dementia, i need a driver that is not part of an installation disk. Les you seem on the ball this might be my only option to finalize the disks and just cough up some cash. Thanks to everyone involved here this is my first time on here and i am really happy with the response its good to see there is some good people out there,cheers

eedcam 22:34 23 Jun 09

how would you waste discs if you use RW even after finalised they can be wiped and used again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos