Sony Giga pocket capsules - how to output

Murghalador 10:05 26 Sep 06

I have a Sony Vaio desktop. It has TV tuner and recorder using Giga pocket.
I want to output the recordings to a TV but the Vaio doesn't have video out connections. The only alternative at the moment is to burn the capsules to DVD but this takes a long time.
If I had another Sony computer with a video output connector how could I transfer the video capsules from the Giga pocket into the other laptop and then output them into the TV. Would the other computer need the Giga pocket software to be loaded?
Is there a simpler or less costly solution?

De Marcus™ 10:39 26 Sep 06

Are you sure your Vaio doesn't have video out? Which model is it?

If you did have another laptop with video out, the quickest way to transfer the footage or 'capsules' would be via a straight forward network connection, i.e. ethernet (crossover cable/patch cable). Whether or not the other laptop needs the Sony software installed would depend entirely on the file format the recordings are in and whether the other laptop has the correct codec to play them back. If you look at a single recording and tell us what format the file is in we'll be able to find out more.

De Marcus™ 10:43 26 Sep 06

Actually I've just found click here which describes the file format as mpeg of which can (by using the giga pocket software) be converted into Avi if needs be. So no need for extra software on the other laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5