Sony FZ11M laptop from PC World

kevin1967 10:56 09 Aug 07

Hi all, as a desktop pc user with intermediate knowledge I am about to embark into the Laptop world. With a £1000 budget I've looked at this one from PC World:

click here

Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated on this model or Sony Laptops in general. I want to do music, photos, office stuff, basic games - not super-fast ones although if it would handle flight-sim it would be handy.

Many thanks.

Technotiger 11:07 09 Aug 07

Hmmm, having had a look via your link, and without comparing it to others in the price range, I would say it does look a good buy that will certainly do all you want of it - including FSX!

Kate B 12:10 09 Aug 07

If you've got a grand, I'd look elsewhere rather than PC World and Sony - neither are good value for money. If you want to play games, you'll need a good graphics chipset, for starters. Sony's laptops are not known for their gaming capabilities.

With your budget I'd have a look at a specced-up Alienware Area 51m5550 click here I've just specced one up on the website to Vista Home Premium, 2GB of RAM, the Nvidia graphics chipset and a bigger hard drive and it comes in at £932 plus delivery.

This Mesh, at a grand, also looks tasty and has better graphics, important if you want to play games click here, though some people have had issues with its customer service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now