Sony Ericsson Suite

oswald 19:32 15 Feb 10

After removing Sony Ericsson PC Suite from my computer (using Add/Remove programs) I noticed under Device Manager / Network Adaptors that I have exclamation symbols alongside “Sony Ericsson Device 046 USB (NDIS 5) RRNetCap Miniport” and “Sony Ericsson Device 716 USB (NDIS 5) RRNetCap Miniport”
I have checked the registry (Regedit) and found many, many entries relating to Sony Ericsson. Is it safe to delete all these entries relating to Sony Ericsson? And if so should this then remove any mention of Sony in Device Manager / Network?

mgmcc 19:53 15 Feb 10

You should be able to "Uninstall" the Sony Ericsson network adapter within Device Manager.

If there is a lot of dross remaining, one option would be to reinstall the Sony Ericsson PC Suite, install the "Revo Uninstaller" application and then use that to uninstall the Suite and scan for and remove remaining registry entries.

oswald 20:35 15 Feb 10

Thanks mgmcc.
When trying to "Uninstall" Network Adaptor from Device Manager (I'm running WinXP) I get the following msg:- "Failed to uninstall the device. The device may be required to boot up the computer" May try your 'Revo Uninstaller' recommendation.

rdave13 20:38 15 Feb 10

Remember to re-install the S E S first otherwise Revo won't 'see' it.

oswald 20:56 15 Feb 10

Thanks rdave13. Installed SES, then used 'Revo' No joy I'm afraid. Thanks for input.

rdave13 21:21 15 Feb 10

Strange. I uninstalled Ericsson suit on XP via revo and it cleared the registry. Select advanced uninstall. Let the program's own uninstal utility to run, within Revo, if it asks for a reboot then decline and select continue. When you get to the stage to delete registry components then select 'all'. Continue to next page and select 'all'.
Try a reboot and run Ccleaner and then run it's reg cleaner.

oswald 21:08 16 Feb 10

Thanks mgmcc & rdave13. Tried all suggestions to no avail. I have decided that I am going to live with it! I have Disabled the offending Sony Ericsson issues in Device Manager I will tick as being resolved; Thanks again.
Oswald

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…