sony ericsson p900 icon won't move off my desktop!

broomey3 20:30 24 Jan 05

I have a Sony Ericsson P900 phone, and use a home computer running Windows XP. I have installed the communications suite so that the phone and the computer can talk to each other for the purpose of backing up, but am stuck with a Sony icon on my desktop which refuses to budge. Every time I try to move it, I get a little sign telling me that the move is not possible. I would prefer to have a folder containing the shortcuts necessary to run the phone, and put the icon inside that folder, but I am unable to move the darned thing. I have spoken to Sony who say that it is part of the software, and is not capable of being moved. I object to having icons in places that I don't wish them to be, and like to keep a tidy desktop. This icon is not causing any problems, other than annoying me. Can you help me move it?

Technotiger 20:46 24 Jan 05

Hi, you could try - right-click on desktop then navigate to Run Desktop Cleanup wizard (by hovering on Arrange Icons by) ........

broomey3 09:20 25 Jan 05

Thanks. I have just tried this, but I get a message telling me that I the file name is not valid, or is too long, and that the icon cannot be moved.

Technotiger 11:58 25 Jan 05

Sorry pal, but it looks as if you are stuck with it. Is it possible to drag it to the Task Bar or System Tray, if so, at least it would be off your desktop.
I have the Nokia communications suite (infra red) and my icon is on the System Tray.

or finally, tho' don't know if this would work - uninstall the software, then re-instal and during the re-instal possibly direct it all to instal in a folder of your choice. Hope that makes sense.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…