Sony dwu14a DVD+/- burner

newswatcher 13:40 06 May 04

Further to advice from radi8or, connected ribbon cable as suggested and can use drive successfully to "open" files on disks not written on it, but from my earlier (kaput) drive, yet I'm still unable to drag and drop anything
Is this a question of needing to match the sony drive with sony software....?
Grateful for any tips.

Agent Smith 14:27 06 May 04

Hi, you're going to need to provide a link to your earlier post or reply to that post so that the rest of us know what you're talking about.

newswatcher 09:41 07 May 04

Apologies for not explaining earlier; as a senior user (understatement of the year?) I'm fascinated learning what the pc can do, though I'mnot always on the ball with technical stuff.

I'd bought a new, internal OEM 'Sony dwu14a DVD+/- burner' and installed it on the ribbon cable to replace my previous AOpen one which had totally
shattered a CD I was working on, but find it accept files dragged and dropped
or copied over..... It does, however, read CDs
made on the earlier drive.

Maybe this is a case of Sony drivers needed or
something technical, I've overlooked?

Agent Smith 11:30 07 May 04

I have this drive also although it is now called DRU-510A after I upgraded the firmware and made flashed it so that it is no longer an OEM drive. I don't have any problems copying files to it using Nero 6 but I must admit that I don't use In-CD to copy files. In-CD makes your CD/DVD act like a floppy but the media needs to be formatted first.

newswatcher 11:36 07 May 04

Thanks, to Agent Smith - but I have tried bothformatting and not formatting the CD before
attempting to transfer files to it. Must say
I'm a bit mystified, but plan this weekend to
try using other mastering software.
Grateful for your suggestions. (This is the most useful/productive discussion forum I've come across and I'm sure I'll be back on again, maybe
with a different query though!)
yet!

Pearly Gates |X|X| 16:12 07 May 04

You do have InCD installed? If so which version and what is your O/S.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…